This year was a year of transitions for me.
- From staff to freelance.
- From shooting what they want to what I want.
- From not owning my photos to realize the value of holding copyright.
- From big fish in little pond to small fish in big pond.
- From saying yes to saying no.
- From ? to inc.
- From understanding that I have a lot to learn and going out and learning it.
- From buying to investing.
- From shooting on-the-side to realizing the side is where I want to shoot.
- From “I shoot weddings from time-to-time (shhhh)” to “Hey, I shoot weddings!”
- From expecting the phone to ring to picking up the phone.
- From spindles to Drobo.
- From zoom to prime.
- From thinking I knew who I was to knowing who I am. Kind of.
- From a cubicle to my couch and getting more done.
- From being hired to hiring.
- From going down with the ship to leaping off and wondering if it was a good idea.
- From thinking what I feel and not saying it to probably saying too much.
- From fearing change to embracing it.
Here’s to 2011. Bring it.